How to Insert m-files:// Links to SharePoint Pages
Posted by Ville Karinen (M-Files) on 14 May 2018 12:25 PM
Though SharePoint does not accept URLs that start with m-files:// as clickable hyperlinks, you can still enter clickable M-Files links to your SharePoint pages by using the M-Files URL Opener service. This service is hosted on the public Internet and can be used by any M-Files customers free of charge.
Here's how to use it:
1. Copy this link to some text editor as the root URL for your SharePoint links:
2. Create a regular m-files:// link in M-Files Desktop and paste it as a parameter to the root URL.
As a result, you should have a URL that looks like this:
3. Paste the complete URL to your SharePoint page.
When a user clicks a link like this:
1. The user's computer connects to our URL Opener service.
2. The URL Opener service picks up the m-files:// link that has been given to it as a parameter and sends it as a response to the user's computer.
3. M-Files Desktop installed on the user's computer picks up the m-files:// link and opens it.
If you want to install the URL Opener service in your own network, please contact our sales department either through your personal sales representative or through your local M-Files reseller.
M-Files Customer Support Team, http://support.m-files.com