The information in this article applies to:
Follow these steps to install the network license of M-Color. Note that you can activate your license instantly over the Internet with M-Color 9 and thus you do not need to wait for the license activation code at all in step 3 and you can start using M-Color immediately.
- Obtaining the software
- Download M-Color from the Internet, click here (if you have already downloaded the evaluation copy, there is no need to download it again)
- Installing M-Color on the license server computer and requesting for license code
- Decide which one computer will function as the license server. It must be accessible from other computers all the time via the TCP/IP protocol. Usually, your network server is the best choice.
- Run M-Color Setup on the license server computer and install only the license server component.
- After setup, the Activate License Wizard appears. Choose Full mode, Network License and License Server.
- Choose I want to obtain the license code now and fill in the form on the screen.
- Send the License Code Request to where you bought the software or use the automatic activation over the Internet.
- Activating the network license on the license server
- After receiving your network license code, run the Activate License Wizard on the license server again (click Start / All Programs / M-Color / License Management / Activate License).
- Choose Network license / License server.
- Type your network license code in the edit box and click Next >.
- M-Color displays a message confirming that the license has been activated.
- Installing M-Color on the client computers
- On each client, run M-Color Setup and install only the M-Color client component.
- After setup, the Activate License Wizard appears. Choose Full mode, Network License and Client.
- M-Color searches for the license server and displays a message confirming that the license has been activated.
(- You can install the M-Color software component on the server computer, too, if you need to.)