Changing a User Account with Esignature, Advanced Logging, or Compliance Kit / QMS Enabled
Posted by Ramez Mohsene (M-Files) on 13 November 2018 05:19 PM
Changing the user account or username to new login account with compliance kit or QMS creates an error stating "This operation is not allowed when the electronic signature and Compliance module mode is active." Similar error message can occur if Advanced Logging with E-signature is enabled.
1. Set the registry setting as follows on the M-Files Server:
Key name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Motive\M-Files\<version>\Server\MFServer
Value name: AllowLoginNameChangeWith21CFRPart11Compliance
Value type: REG_DWORD
Value data: 1 (default = 0)
2. Restart M-Files Server service.
3. Change the user account that needed to.
4. Remove the registry setting added in Step 1.
5. Restart M-Files Server service once again.