Optimizing M-Files Views for Performance
Posted by Sakari Heinonen (M-Files) on 15 March 2019 08:55 AM
This document describes how you can improve M-Files View Performance.
All supported M-Files versions
M-Files views can become slow; here are some tips on how you can attempt improve their performance
Forming views that are too complicated will degrade their performance
- Always limit the view using object type if possible
- Avoid using indirection in grouping (For example project.manager, customer.contact) if possible
- Avoid using look in all versions
- enable "show empty folders" selection
In the Advanced tab of grouping level:
- Use "Do not check object permissions for hiding subfolders"
- Try changing to different algorithms
M-Files manual chapter for views - https://www.m-files.com/user-guide/latest/eng/New_view.html