When a built-in View is deleted in error, there is a solution to restore it.
2. Impacted Products and Versions
All M-Files versions.
1. Built-in View isn't accessible to anyone. If the taskbar shortcut is active, an error may be presented when the shortcut is chosen as, "Not Found".
4. Cause and Reason
Built-in View was removed in error and needs to be restored.
5. Solution / Workaround
- Create a new Test Vault or Sample Vault where the view works.
- Make some changes to the view settings and apply the change. (ie. For any built-in Views. Right-click the "Assigned to Me" View -> properties -> add any condition-> save) (see 'Demonstration' Screenshot #1)
- Undo the change and apply (save) again, so the View is back to its original settings, but the version number is now two numbers higher.
- Export the structure of "Assigned to Me" View from Sample Vault or Test Vault. (see 'Demonstration' Screenshot #2)
- Replicate the updated View to the Vault where it is broken. Import the content package to the Vault where you can't see the "Assigned to me" View.
- Built-in View that was deleted, is now restored.
6. Demonstration & Reference Documentation
M-Files Content Replication Knowledge Base Article