A sample vault that comes with M-Files Server installation is a suitable playground for testing purposes. If the sample vault gets in the condition that you would like to start over, there is a fresh version of it in original condition available in the M-Files Server installation directory.
Restoring the Sample Vault
To restore the sample vault, do the following:
- Open M-Files Admin.
- In the left-side tree view, expand the desired connection to M-Files Server.
- Still in the left-side tree view, select Document Vaults.
- Click Restore Document Vault... on the task area.
- In the Restore Document Vault dialog in the Full backup field, specify the location of the sample vault file in the M-Files Server installation folder:
C:\Program Files\M-Files\<version>\Server\sample\Sample Vault.mfb
- Select Restore using original identity or Restore as a different vault (new identity) if you want to generate a new unique ID and to specify a new name for the vault.
- Check the Overwrite existing files option check box.
- In the Location for vault data on server field, specify the location where the data of the sample vault is saved.
- Optionally Click Advanced... if you have defined a separate location for file data.
- Click OK and disable listed features with the shown prompt.
See general information about restoring document vaults from the M-Files User guide page: