IDOL - Deleting Destroyed Objects from IDOL Index
Posted by Kimmo Pyhältö (M-Files) on 31 July 2019 12:36 PM
By default, destroyed objects are not deleted from IDOL index. This is by design, but it might cause some unexpected results. Those destroyed objects can be removed from the index manually.
This document describes a procedure how to remove destroyed objects from IDOL index.
NOTE! Using this document requires basic understanding of IDOL components and terminology.
Steps to remove destroyed objects from IDOL index
1) Extract the DREDELETEREF_for_destroyed_objects.zip containing a Powershell script.
2) Edit the script to configure the target host, the target port, and the target index database name.
3) Use replication to export destroyed objects. You may use delta timestamp to export a subset only.
4) Copy the resulting Content*.xml files to the same directory with the Powershell script.
5) Execute the Powershell script.
- The script uses DREDELETEREF action to delete the objects by reference.
6) In cluster setup, run the script against DIH/DAH AND Daily i.e. usually ports 19001 and 9001.