IDOL - Finding Objects Without ACL Components
Posted by Kimmo Pyhältö (M-Files) on 30 September 2019 01:35 PM
1. Steps to find objects without ACL components
1. Create .idx files by opening the following URL for each engine. You can open the URLs from DIH/DAH.
http://[IP]:[IndexPort of the engine (ending with 1)]/DREEXPORTIDX?FileName=[name of the created file]&DatabaseMatch=[IDOL database name]
The created file is in the following folder:
IDOL 12.1: [HDD letter]:\IDOL12\bin\[engine name]\content and it is compressed as .gz e.g. E:\IDOL12\bin\PROD1-content-12000\content\ACL_Test20-0.idx.gz.
In Daily engine, if you do not find the file it means that all index data from the Daily is flushed into the main index. Then you do not need that file.
$navOpenInBackgroundTab = 0x1000;
2. Copy the files from each engine to the one location.
You can ease up the work by creating a following Power Shell script.
Copy-Item "E:\Single10\IDOLServer\IDOL\content\ACL_test10-0.idx.gz" -Destination "C:\temp\ACL"
3. Extract the files e.g. with 7-zip. After that, they are in .idx format.
4. Run MissingACL.ps1 in the .idx folder in dry, log and summary mode.
Example: .\MissingACL.ps1 -dry -log -summary
The result should be like this:
3221 objects read from 10 files
Any detected objects are those not including ACL components.