MFWA: Chrome extension does not work - Fix
Posted by Kimmo Pyhältö (M-Files) on 30 September 2019 01:50 PM
1. Overview / Work Notes
There was a wrong installation package in the Chrome web store for a short period. The wrong version installs nicely, but it does not work. Even the extension icon turns blue, but it still gives the yellow banner "To use all file operations in M-Files Web...". Also, when double-clicking a file in the vault it doesn't give check-out dialog but just downloads the file. This article describes how to fix the issue.
2. Solution / Workaround
1. Click M-Files icon in Chrome's upper right corner and select "Remove from Chrome".
2. Confirm the removal.
3. Open "Customize and and control Google Chrome" (three dots in upper right corner) and select History > History. Alernatively click Ctrl + h.
4. Click "Clear browsing data".
5. Select the Time range so that will include the time you downloaded the wrong extension package.
6. Click "Clear data".
7. Restart Chrome.
8. Go into the M-Files Web vault and add the extension to Chrome.
9. To finalize the setup, install the actual application from the extension's settings.